Friday, August 18, 2006

motivation?

So my motivation for drawing has been lacking. My motivation for painting...has been lacking so bad I haven't painted anything in I don't know how long. But more importantly, my motivation for animating...the thing I went to school for, the one thing I used to live and breathe for, I haven't worked on in well over a year and it's about time I got my act together. So by creating this blog I figure that I'll be able to hold myself accountable if I don't post something art related at least once a week. At least that will give me the motivation to say "hey, I'm going to stop being a lazy-ass and do something so I can make myself proud (...of myself...?)."

Seriously, it starts this weekend. No more laziness. No more TV time (you know, except for the news...and some cartoons...and my Animaniacs DVD...and uh...Gilmore Girls. Maybe some Grey's Anatomy...but after that, no more TV time). I'm going to be hard core about this. No time for family on the weekends, no going out...no more...fun. Damn it! See that's what caused this whole downward spiral of nothingness.

I will be starting this weekend, I've already got my sketchbook on hand for when I do venture into the light of day, whether it be eating, or going to the book store to pretend like I want to buy something, I'll be sketching whom-ever, and where ever. And when I'm at home, I'm plopping myself in front of either my animation table or the computer- dag-nab-it.

No comments: