Thursday, November 02, 2006

"sunflower"


Here's the latest art work, it's titled "Sunflower". I was bored...you know that happens quite frequently when you're unemployed ;)

So I started drawing, and the ruler and protractor were calling my name, so the geometric drawings that started this blog out came out again.

Again, it's on that amazing black paper and prismacolor colored pencils were my weapon of choice :P

I am having a lot of fun doing these drawings. I never know how their going to end up when I start them. I never know which color I'm going to use next until I see how the last one looked. It's weird to not have to plan out an entire drawing to see how it's going to look, but to just go with the flow and enjoy whatever decides to show itself. I originally, before I even ripped the piece of paper out of the book, wanted to draw a yellow and orange sunflower...instead it ended up being shades of yellow with browns and some reds. I think it turned out pretty neat.

I guess if I can't find a job the least I can do is draw something that makes me smile. :)

No comments: