Monday, April 14, 2008

Have you seen my sock?

Like I said, I've been creating some "sock creatures" So I feel the need to post it...because I went home on my lunch break and took these photos:

This here is Tyrone. He was the first one I ever did. You can probably tell that...or not. I would like to go back and give him some better eyes, but whatever.
From the side you can see that he's got 2 horn/pig tail things, and a tail...

Below is Mortimer. I use that name a lot, I don't know why, but I like it. I call this guy "Mort" for short. He actually has a conjoined twin on his back:

(The one with the long ears) Trudy is her name. Her face just happens to be Mortimer's butt...or is his face her butt? Ok, I don't know. All I know is this was a complete accident. It wasn't supposed to be 2 in one, but crazy things happen people. Maybe if the sock circus comes to town these 2 will join...we'll see.


(Below) Stubbs. I think. I had a name for this guy, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. So I'm calling him Stubbs right now. Maybe it was Stumpy...Ah well.

I love this one. Maybe it's the small hands and small feet and goofy smile. I don't know, but it's my favorite (shhh don't tell the others- I don't need them leading a revolt in my living room)





Below, is "No Nonsense Nancy". I wish I had taken a picture of her back...between her ears it actually says, in pink, "No Nonsense"- it was the brand of socks I used. But yeah, she didn't actually have a name until yesterday. I've had her for about 3 months and she's just been sitting there...so lonely and feeling unimportant without a name. Now she has one.

And so brings me to what I did yesterday. Actually I guess it began on Saturday. While out furniture shopping with my mom, we couldn't resist going into Joann's fabrics. (Put me in a craft/hobby store and I won't come out for at least 2 hours) At checkout time, they have a wall of books and magazines, which I usually skip, but my mom gravitates to. While she's standing there I see this sticking out of the rack of books:
I flipped out when I saw it. I was so excited! Plus there are some super cute patterns for making your own sock creatures...one in particular intrigued me to no end, so I had to make it yesterday:
I dubbed her "Suzy" I said her rap name could be "sock strippy stripes"...but I think I changed her name at lunch to "Suzy Stripes". I like her because she's got 4 legs (although you really can't see them all...) and 4 arms. Plus, she's got bows in her hair...how badass is that?

But yeah.

I have another one. One which my boyfriend loves...I'll post pictures once I have finished the ensemble of the entire sock...thing.
If I make any more of these guys I'll definitly try to remember to post pictures.

No comments: