Thursday, May 08, 2008

News? ***Orphaned Works Bill- Make it Stop!***

***UPDATE*** Please click here to send a quick (will take 2 minutes or less to complete) message to your House Judiciary Committee member to STOP the Orphaned Works Bill!!!

It's on every art forum thru out cyber space. I just saw this posting on the ConceptArt.org forum. This is important.

Ok, as we all know, I'm always behind on the times. Today a friend of mine emailed me about something that concerns me as well as all other artists dead or alive. It's a little disheartening to read about and of course I'm months behind on. But at the same time it's so unbelievable that it's hard for me to comprehend if this bill was read correctly (that may be a little out dated, but one of the only ones I could find doing a google search...this may be more current). But anyway, the uproar and the upsettingness is here. If any of this passes, I'm sure I won't be the only one who may take a hiatus from doing some art and just wait for someone to go "ok, we give...please do some work that will be yours forever and ever and you'll get all the profit from- we need artists!"

No comments: