Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"The guys"

Tonight I meet with "the guys". I'm determined to draw this time. I'm practicing right now...ok not really...right now I'm typing this...but maybe in a little while I'll draw a little something. I'm almost done with the dog...just a few more dark spots and a signature and we'll call it done- well, done until it gets approval or request for changes comes thru- which there were none the first go around. I was doodeling a little something earlier, but theres no point in describing it if there's no picture to show you...so it'll have to wait. What is with all of the "..."'s I'm doing? Geez, learn to type!
So anyway "The guys"- I'm not sure if I've mentioned them before or not. They are 4 guys that I've known since college that are very talented and crazy good artists. They make me laugh, therefore I hang out with them. Ok, the laughing part is just a plus, I hang out with them because they help motivate me to put the pencil to paper. I actually got out of the routine of hanging out with them for several years (long, therapy needed reasons for that- not going to go into that right now), and a few months ago started up again. I don't think I've ever actually drawn while hanging out with them. I usually hang around and watch them draw, which, honestly, I find creepy. Mainly because it drives me insane when people watch me draw...I don't know why...maybe I need therapy for that as well...much like I need therapy for these freakin' ".................." that I keep typing! AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
A-N-Y-W-A-Y: So I'm brining my laptop and paper and drawing board tonight, to hopefully draw at least a line- whether on paper or on the computer. I think I just feel like I'm not good enough when I hang around them. Seriously, these guys are crazy talented. I get all excited for the "Tuesday meeting".
Ah well. I hope it goes well. I hope they don't ban me from coming over- I'm actually hoping that Gonzo gets off work early enough to show up this time, I think these guys think I'm making him up and just saying "he works alot" so they'll think I'm in a relationship. Seriously, he does exsist. He'll be in good "none drawing" company. The guy whose house we meet at is married, so his wife and 3 dogs will be there, and maybe one of the other guys will bring his girlfriend/fiance along- they can all sit in the corner and make fun of the fact that I "pretend to draw at the meetings".
On to practice drawing....
....
........................................
done and done...

No comments: