Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The beginning of "Squares"!!!

It's like the name of some horrible B horror movie that's about to be released. While it's almost as scary as that, I've actually decided that my next "never ending project, to be finished in the year 2012" will be a blanket made up of various sized squares that I've knitted. We'll see how long that takes.
I also want to start on a sweater...but I'm kind of strapped for cash these days, so buying any new yarn is on my "don't you dare do it" list.
So for now, I used up (well there's about enough yarn left to make- oh I don't know, 1/2 of one of these squares) the yarn that I knitted the socks with from the previous 2 posts.
They are appoximately 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". Should be interesting when I start knitting some 10" x 10" squares, huh?
Yes I did work on the drawing, so everyone who is about to send me an email or comment about not working on a drawing can just calm down for a minute. I did work on it, and got as far as I can go today. I have to take some time to not look at it, or the photo, and revisit it tomorrow to see what needs to be adjusted and tweeked. If I stare at it too long I begin to think it's a fantastic piece and can't possibly see any mistakes that are probably there. So really, my eyes and brain need a rest before I can make any decisions or sound judgement on art. Does anyone else have that problem?
With hardly any yarn left to knit with and the drawing needing a break, I guess it's time to work on an ATC or two.
Too bad clay sculptures are too messy for work, otherwise I'd totally dive head first into that.

No comments: