Tuesday, October 07, 2008

"Trees get lonely too"


Once upon a time I worked for a company that clearly is the devil. It's located in Downtown Dallas. That's all I'll give you. Their name can remain anonymous. Seriously, the people there all sucked. Mainly 3 people in particular really sucked. I only worked there for a grand total of 2 weeks, but clearly it made an impact.

But that's not the purpose of this post (even though I HATE that company, and if I ever have to do any advertisements for my company I will dangle a little carrot in front of their face just to go "you suck, why would I ever do business with you?"). The one good thing I got from working at *name withheld for legal reasons* was my good friend Mortimer. Actually I don't know what his "real" name is- Mortimer is just what I call him. I might have actually told you all about him once or twice before. My last day at *company that is the devil* I had to go into the "management den" to get dinner orders. While waiting for one of the dumbest people ever left in charge of anything to get off her personal call during working hours so I could find out what she wanted to eat (only to be told that she wasn't going to need dinner)- I looked out the window and low and behold was this sad looking tree. I doodled his face on my notepad (not this drawing- this one is new as of 15 minutes ago), got the response, and walked away- then I left and never came back. See. Mortimer helped me. In a sick and twisted way, the look on his face...a tree's face...was all I needed to see to realize I wasn't going to be unhappy where I worked. Unfortunately for Mortimer, he's doomed to stare at those horrible faces at the horrible company until he dies, or construction takes him out, or some horrible drunk driver runs into him and breaks him in half. I feel bad for Mortimer. But hey, I like to think of it this way. His sad face is making those people's lives miserable because they have to stare at a really unhappy tree every day, all day long.

Love you Mortimer! Thanks for so much drawing inspiration.

No comments: