Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Doodle of the Day

Title: "Calamari?"
Tools used: 5.5" x 12" paper, Pigma Micron 01 pen
Date started: 11/26/08
Date completed: 11/26/08

Yesterday I was screwing around, doodling some crazy weird stuff and drew an octopus (image at the bottom of this post). I don't know why, but I get all nervous when I draw a "cartoony" figure, and I don't want to fill it in, or shade it, or color it- because I have a feeling that if I do any of that, it'll come out wrong and I will be wishing I had used a different media. So yeah. This guy came about from my design from yesterday. I'm actually going to start a "sculpture" after all of this holiday madness is over. It'll be a "holder" for my airbrush. This is kind of a rough idea of what it might look like. I think it might be cool looking to have an octopus holding an airbrush.

So this is the little guy from yesterday. I think I like him better all cramped on one tiny page better than all spred out. But whatever.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was wondering what medium you will use for your octopus sculpture? By the way, it is a very handsome octopus :)

Beste