Thursday, November 06, 2008

Socks! Pair #2

I hate buying varigated yarn...to make socks...and you knit one sock- then you knit the other one with the second ball of yarn...of the same dye lot and color as the first ball of yarn...and the socks don't match...
Granted I still like them. Yes, one is severly misfigured...although i can't figure out which one. The one with the large orange stripes has been in my backpack, with all of my knitting stuff for over a week. The other one (on the top) was actually the one I finished today. I think it just needs to be stretched a little.
You'll also see a square in the picture. That's square #5. It's tiny! 2" x 2". I'm going to make some more since there's no point in trying to use the last of the mis-matched yarn with matching dye lots. (AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!)
Oh yeah, I also- FINALLY- bought a copy of "Drunk, Divorced & Coverd in Cat Hair" by Crazy Aunt Purl. www.crazyauntpurl.com is her blog of hilarity. I'm already to chapter 6 and I just got it in the mail last night (Amazon.com people, it's where I buy stuff). Great book so far!
I'm almost finished with part one of my dad's Christmas present...and I'm so excited about how it's turning out that I really really really want to post pictures of it. But I won't. Because I'm not spoiling the surprise. Seriously, I'm shocked with how well this is turning out. Me, shocked. Yeah. Shocked (I totally just typed "socked"...and laughed...it's fixed now).

No comments: