Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry day-after-Christmas...I made my mom cry!

You know, because that's been my goal for every Christmas. Making my mom cry because of the present I gave her...

I drew her favorite (and my favorite) picture of my brother and me from my aunts wedding, circa 1980-something. I remember having this picture taken, and I remember crying thru the entire wedding- I'm shocked that my aunt still speaks to me.

But this isn't the picture that made her cry...it almost did.

The one that made her cry was this one:

My mom's parents. 2 of my most favorite people, ever. I attempted to draw my grandad last year and it didn't turn out so well...so I thought I would give it another go.

My mom loved it! So much so that she got all quiet and did the hand-over-the-mouth thing and I saw tears. Real tears!!!! Success!!!

Tears are the best payment ever! (well the good kind of tears, the happy tears...sad tears are not the best payment)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that your 2008 is coming to a splendid end.

I've got more pictures that I'll post up next week...stay tuned.

No comments: