Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knew it couldn't last

I'm weak ok. I can't stand this "wait until I have something done to post" crap. That's not me. That's not my style. It's the freakin' 15th of January and I've only posted 4 other times. I can't handle it.
Sooooo-
I'm going back to how I rock things.

Currently (um hum), I'm working on my dad's birthday present. I started it last night and got a pretty good chunk out of the way. With a little less than a month to go, I can comfortably say that it will be done in time for his birthday. :)
I'm also rocking the portraits...ok "rocking" is perhaps a bad choice of word here. I have in the works 1 kid portrait; 1 kid and mom portrait; 1 horse portrait; and I think that covers that.
I also have a shirt to work on. I know, I know...A Shirt? What is this, 1980? Yeah...no. It's a munny shirt that my friend Alec has, he wants me to throw some artistic schoolin' on it so he can have a one of a kind shirt to wear around town. However, I have a lack of ideas for said shirt, and don't really own any good paints that wouldn't wash out- any suggestions on shirt paint would be spectacular! I actually have an idea for his shirt, but I'm pretty sure a pink unicorn with rainbow background would lead to a dumpster shirt, and I can't have that.

Anyway. So I'm working away. I've also been designing a giant back tattoo for myself. Ok, maybe not so giant (my mom would disagree if she had any idea- Hi mom! Tattoo's this year...). I want it to be a memorial piece for my grandparents, involving flowers. I actually saw the exact tattoo that I want while at the tattoo festival in Austin this past weekend, but going to El Paso will be expensive, not to mention the price it would cost me for the GIANT tattoo...they aren't cheap (why do all of the amazingly phenominal artists have to be hiding?). If anyone knows of any local tattoo artists (DFW area), that have done fabulous tattoo work that you've seen in person, please let me know names and locations (either leave a comment, or email me ASBTSF@gmail.com ). I'm dead serious. I've been looking myself, but am unsure of where is a good place to go.

So that's that. It didn't take long for me to crack. I'll post pictures when i have them...yeah it's back to that! (What in the...)

No comments: