Friday, January 23, 2009

"Val 1" and "Val 2"

Title: Val
Date Began: 01/22/09
Date Completed: 01/22/09
Media: 2B and 4B pencils on white ink jet printer paper
Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
Description: A drawing that I owe my friend Jessica. This is her horse Valuca (I think that's how you spell it). I used to go to her house in high school and try to make Val look pretty by brushing her and helping Jess walk her. Yeah, I totally wanted a horse...past tense. I don't think I could handle it.


I drew her other horse, Prinz here. Because it's taken me so long to find a good picture of Val to draw, I actually ended up drawing two for Jess. All in one day (Yes, I actually got 2 of the 3 drawings finished yesterday!!! All with a sore finger!)


Title: Val
Date Began: 01/22/09
Date Completed: 01/22/09
Media: 2B, 4B, 6B pencils on white ink jet printer paper
Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
Description: See above.
Let's see, I have one picture on me today that I can start on, and probably finish.
I know people must think that I'm rediculous, since on my website it says "2 week turn around time", yet I'm drawing 2 pictures in one day. Honestly, the 8 1/2" x 11" pictures only take me a few hours to do, depending on he complexity of the photo I'm drawing from. But I feel the need to say "2 weeks" because if the person I'm drawing for doesn't like what I've drawn and wants a re-do or adjustments, I have time to finish the drawing and still ship it out. I would much rather be quoted a longer period of time and get the drawing sooner, than be quoted a few days and it takes longer. Maybe that's just me?
Anyway- I've got some pretty large scale drawings that I want to start on in the coming weeks, to either sell as they are, or maybe I'll like them so much I'll matte them and frame them to keep. We'll see.
I have one munny that I have to finish, that was started back in November. I've been neglecting him, because I'm not 100% sure I want to give him up. He's really cute.
Other than that, I don't have a whole lot to finish up this week. I'll keep doing drawings to expand the portfolio and what-not.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: