Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood

My first doodle using Sketchbook Pro! Woot!

Seriously, this is probably farther than I've ever gotten on a digital drawing using a computer program. This was all from scratch, no beginning drawing or anything.

I really enjoyed doing this and it didn't take very long to complete at all. I think I really only worked on it for about 4 hours total.

I was worried about Sketchbook Pro at first. As, I didn't know where anything was. And I'm so used to Photoshop that it was hard to get used to the tools at first- but they are incredible. I don't know if I'll use Photoshop to make any other digital drawings like this, as Sketchbook Pro was just so easy. It really was like opening a sketchbook and then just going to town. I love it.

FYI, I didn't use any layers on this either...which was a new thing for me...and also explains the sloppy look. But I kind of dig it. Getting out of my pencil and paper comfort zone!

I think I may borrow a few topics from Drawergeeks.com to do some more. I really enjoyed doing this. Just wanted to share!

No comments: