Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm back!

It's true, I'm back. I didn't do any drawing or knitting while on my trip. Shocker. I brought a backpack full of stuff to do, and didn't touch it. But I am drawing today, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a little something to show you.

Where did I go on vacation you ask? (because that's where I was- "vacation"- I don't know if I said that in any other posts or not) Wisconsin. Land of milk and cheese and the happiest cows on the planet- California can suck it- WI will always hold that title. (I'm a little competitive on that front since I'm from the great cheese state).
It was a wonderful visit. Catching up with old friends, old family friends that I haven't seen in years, and just getting to relax and remember what it's like to have no traffic to worry about. I spent some time on the family pig farm playing "queen of the pigs" and petting them all on the snout (you can't get the H1N1 flu from pigs- so everyone just calm down). I got to hang out with my brother and his girlfriend (who wants some Bella Mittens), and seeing some really great friends that I've known forever. I did miss seeing snow though. Apparently it had snowed in some parts of WI the week before we got there, and then it started snowing at my friend Heather's place about 2 hours after we left. But she sent pictures :)
Some of the old family friends I got to see and visit with, and some of my friends I haven't seen in years and haven't kept in touch with, all asked if I still draw. They also asked if I had anything showing in any galleries and I actually felt kind of ashamed that I don't. That's a dream of mine- to have either a.) my own gallery or b.) my own art work hanging in an art gallery.
Wisconsin was good times. I miss it dearly. I'm putting it back on my list of places I want to move to. I've got some really great friends there that I need to see more than once a year.

Drawings to show you tomorrow. It's good to be back on the blog :)

No comments: