Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Paw Paw's Pooch Pow Wow

I've been drawing, just not posting them. I'm getting ready for this weekends art festival and dog adoption that A Shade Better Than Stick Figures will be setting up at on both Saturday April 17th and Sunday April 18th (weather permitting).

It's a doggie friendly event being held at Paw Paw's Dog House in Arlington Texas. There will be a bouncy house, a 50s themed costume contest (for the dogs! How cute is that?!), and over 30 independant vendors. Click here for more information on this weekends event at the Dog House. Click here for more information on Paw Paw's Dog House and what they are all about.

I've been drawing lots of dog pictures over the last few weeks, and have several more to go. I really do enjoy drawing animals...fur is so much fun to draw. Plus the dogs I'm drawing have such sweet faces. I'll be unveiling the new drawings this weekend at the show (not for sale, they are for people), and then updating the blog next week with the drawings. If you are interested in obtaining a one of a kind hand drawn portrait of your pet, please don't hesitate to contact me: ASBTSF@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about A Shade Better Than Stick Figures, please visit the website. (It hasn't been updated in awhile...so please be patient while I find the time to do that)

Above I mentioned "weather permitting"...that's because I looked today and the weather says thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday. I'm not excited about that. I do have a canopy to cover the booth, but am a little concerned with Texas "thunderstorms" because the wind likes to pick up...I may have to cover stuff if it starts blowing too hard, or raining too hard for that matter.

Hope to see all of you out there!

No comments: