Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Red Weenie Dogs for the Win!!!


Does this dog look like it's having fun, or what? It's all smiles! Although after having just stepped outside for a few minutes I realize this look could also be because of the heat. And it would be water splashing around it instead of grass blades. Does someone have a portable air conditioner that I can hang around my neck?
Anyway, I'm not sure what this dog's name is, I snagged it from Proxy's owner's facebook page. I don't think it's her dog, but one of her family members, maybe?
I like this dog because it's a red dapple weenie-dog. I used to have a short haired version of a dog like this- and it made me smile to see such a happy weenie dog sprawled out in the grass...mine was a bit too fiesty to ever enjoy the grass...although she might have enjoyed barking at anything and everything- I sure didn't, but she might have.
Ok, enough of the walk thru memory lane. I hope Shell is ok that I drew another picture from her cute supply of dog pics. I couldn't help myself- I may need a 12 step program to prevent the further drawings of people pictures without permission (hey, at least I personally know these people that I'm drawing their pictures for...I'm not stealing copyrighted images.)
This one is on 8.5" x 11" printer paper- as you can kind of see, it's askew/off center, I liked the placement of the dog in the original photo, so I kept it with the drawing. I used HB, B, 2B, 4B, and 6B pencils. I started this a few weeks ago when I had 10 seconds to spare at work...I finished it this morning while I had a pretty decent chunk of time to myself.
More drawings to come? We shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice....scratch me under the left leg, no right leg, no left leg ahhhhhh!

ol'fred