Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Dora

I'm pretty ashamed that it has taken me so long to complete this drawing. I believe I've moved three times since I was asked to draw it...I don't even live in the same state as I did when it was given to me. I swear that doesn't normally happen. And even though this is for someone who is like family, that's no excuse.

This is actually a drawing of Gonzo's grandma. His aunt asked me to draw it, which I was more than happy to complete...but with moves, the file I was keeping it in so it wouldn't get bent, was misplaced. I didn't find it until I unpacked a box a week ago, and immediately finished the hair (which I'm still not sure I'm very happy with- but the photo I was working from made it look like a dark black helmet instead of actual hair...I wasn't comfortable making it as dark as the photo had it)- the rest of the drawing has been done for close to a year now, if not over a year.

Anyway. I still have a long over do drawing of my niece to complete for my mom, but I'm kind of sort of working a normal full time schedule lately, so I haven't found the time. As soon as that's done I'll post it up. 

No comments: