Saturday, October 17, 2015

DQ Baby

Once upon a time there was a contest. In a galaxy not so far away...but my memory, it's not so good. So I don't remember the contest, what it was for, who set it up, if it ever really existed or not....(kidding, I remember the winner, just not the contest)

Anyway, my friend Daniel from college won the contest, and finally (this could have been over 7 years ago for all I remember) decided to cash in on the drawing he was owed.
This is his niece, who I've dubbed "DQ Baby". As soon as I saw the photo, I knew it was right up my alley.

The expression on her face is hilarious- those eyes! How awesome is she?

On a side note, for those of you visiting my blog who have not eaten at a DQ in Texas, you don't know what you are missing...unfortunately for me, I do. Dairy Queen, outside of the state of Texas, is a sad beast. They all still have blizzards, but they are severely lacking in all of the other fantastic menu items that make going to DQ a meal. I miss the Chicken Strip basket with fries and Texas Toast...dipping sauce, gravy. Yeah, completely not healthy- but freakin' delicious. My face would look something like "DQ Baby" if I ever get back to a Texas DQ.

No comments: