Monday, February 15, 2016

Aquarius Hat

Good morning and happy President's day for all those living in the U.S.A. or Happy Valentine's Hang Over Day...you pick.

One good thing about working in the mortgage business full time, bank holidays are usually a good day for me to catch up on projects, blogging and house work- since banks are closed and loans typically aren't funded. No work day!
I saw an awesome, year long, knitting challenge online last month and decided to add it to my ever growing list of knitting projects to complete before Christmas.

The Toshstrology Collection can be found on Ravelry and each month the creator releases another pattern. For January, we had the Aquarius hat:
It knitted up really quick...working on it for an hour before work and an hour after work each day I managed to get it done in a week. The yarn used is from Madelinetosh (Yarn dyer out of Texas and quite possibly my favorite yarn to knit) . The color used is from the Tosh Vintage collection in colorway: Aquarius, which I purchased from Jimmy Beans Wool out of Nevada.

The next item for February is the Pisces Cowl...which quite honestly I'm not sure that I want to knit. It looks cute and all, but I have the Winter Dreams Shawl that I purchased right before I found out about the Toshstrology Collection, and would rather work on it for this month. I'm still going to print the pattern and mull it over in time for my yarn to get here (again, it will be Madelinetosh Vintage in colorway Pisces)...but I do have quite a lot of projects to get done this year, so we'll see.

Fingers crossed I get some drawing in soon...I feel out of practice at this point...but I'm getting really good at my needle art work :)

No comments: